Message from the Principal
Hello Murphy Ranch Families,
It is my pleasure to welcome you back to the 2023-24 school year! I want to begin by thanking all of our families for entrusting us with the education of your children. We take that responsibility with a true understanding of the vital role we play in the development of the students we serve. Our goal is to ensure we are providing a safe environment where our students can flourish academically, socially, and emotionally. We have a baseball theme this year where our "Mustangs Hit It Out of the Park!" Working with our PTA, we are looking forward to a variety of fun events and to reinforce that we are a TEAM working towards a common goal here at The Ranch.
I wanted to provide some additional notes as we prepare for the return of our students on August 15th. First, please make sure you visit our website, murphyranchelementary.com, for a wealth of information. Among many other items, you will find our supply lists, Parent/Student Handbook and PTA and staff contact information.
- Class lists will be available in Aeries in the afternoon on Friday, August 11th.
- Check out our Events Calendar for important dates.
- Our Parent Hub provides quick links to a variety of items of importance.
- Our office opens on August 3rd with hours from 7:30 AM to 4 PM daily (our office will be closed from 11:30 AM to 12:30 from Aug. 3rd through the 9th for lunch and from 7:30 AM to 9:45 AM & 11 AM to 1 PM on Aug. 10th for training).
- You can see the daily schedules here.
- Please note that the gates to enter campus will open at 7:40 AM for kindergarten and 7:47 AM for 1st through 5th.
- With the exception of early breakfast drop off, student drop off will continue to be the gate on Janine for our kindergartners, the Grovedale gate for 1st & 2nd, and the Janine Parking Lot for 3rd through 5th. Please remember that the kindergarten gate closes promptly at 7:57 and all other gates close promptly at 8:07.
- Along with our typical minimum day Tuesdays, we will have minimum days once a month for staff training. Here’s a list of those days.
- Breakfast will be served out of our cafeteria beginning at 7:30 each morning. Breakfast drop off will be at the Grovedale gate for all students. Please note that children must be dropped off by 7:47 for breakfast so that they will have enough time to eat prior to going to class (students dropped off after 7:47 may be asked to wait in line at the gate or sent up to the blacktop).
- School breakfasts and lunches will continue to be free for all students this year.
Again, welcome back to The Ranch! I am looking forward to a year of continued excellence. Please do not hesitate to email me should you have any questions.
Justin Mayernik, Principal
Don’t forget to follow us on social media!
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/murphyranchelementary